μVisionStation™ - Vision Inspection Workstation
μVs-FR - Flexible Robotic Workstation
This machine vision inspection workstation is a dedicated system that uses a 6-axis pick and place robot to handle the inspection part. The robot will transfer the part from an incoming conveyance system to the custom vision inspection system. The vision system performs simultaneous inspections with multiple high-resolution cameras of the manufactured part to provide high precision measurement. The measurement results are immediately shown on the adjacent GUI display. Upon inspection, the part will be transferred to the outgoing conveyance system or to rework bin.
It is ideal for performing 100% Quality Control of manufacturing parts with multiple inspection points. This workstation is a cost effective alternative to the co-ordinate measuring machine (CMM). Whereas the CMM is useful for random and infrequent sampling, this workstation is capable of inline 100% inspection and is user friendly.
This machine vision system is flexible as it offers many Inspection modules to meet the needs of industry. Upon installation, you may also take advantage of the workstation's modularized assembly. Each inspection unit is flexible enough to disassemble and reassemble according to the job profile. Parameters can be adjusted on the fly and via touch screen monitor without halting production. Tools like interactive training and history rerun allow users to quickly fine tune all process parameters to prepare for seamless production.
Features and Benefits:
- Small machine footprint, (1.3m width x 2.1m deep x 2.4m high / 49"w x 81"d x 92"h) is ideal for small work envelope
- Suitable for inspection parts up to 5kg, 30cm x 30cm (10lbs, 12" x 12")
- Robot, 6 axis, "0.03mm repeatability at full payload and full speed within entire robot work envelope
- Adaptable access opening for inbound and outbound conveyor
- Short payback period due to lower initial cost
- Customized and easy to use GUI
- Customized Fixture for cameras to inspect part
- Inspection results Output to Ethernet
- Remote monitoring system support available
- Short Cycle Time
- Measurement tolerance up to 50 microns (0.05 mm)
- 10% Gage Repeatable and Reproduceable R & R
- I.D./O.D. and chamfers measurement, Linear dimensioning
- Robot and Vision system programmable to inspect multiple parts
- Assess presence and alignment for multiple holes
- Defect inspection of threaded holes for burrs, double threads, chips
- Option to "mark" good parts post inspection